Welcome to Jioguru.com, Here is a neat little trick to get VoLTE support for using your jio sim in any mobile.
How to get VOLTE for Jio
Are you looking for a method to make your mobile VOLTE supported? Before proceeding, first you have to confirm that whether your phone supports VOLTE or not. You can easily check it, just insert a 4G sim in your handset and wait until network come. If your phone supports VOLTE, its sign appears under the status bar. As only VOLTE supported mobiles can get access to high definition video calling through Jio 4G network.
Now, if you have checked that whether your phone supports VOLTE or not and if it is capable to support VOLTE then go straight to the point and learn to activate VOLTE on your handset. Jio has been launched in India only and access their features on mobiles which are purchased from India. It is the only sim which is offering calls by using VOLTE. Initially, only a few handsets are compatible with Jio sim such as LYF and Samsung handsets. But now, there are many mobiles on which you can use Jio sim.
Wondering how to get a jio sim ? click here
VOLTE is present in mostly all Qualcomm Snapdragon powered Smartphones and in some Mediatek powered Smartphones also. It includes these Snapdragon chipsets:- 210, 400, 410, 415, 425, 430, 435, 615, 616, 617, 625, 650, 652, 800, 801, 805, 808, 810, 820, 821 and 823.
These are list for Mediatek once :- MT6752, MT6753, MT6755 (a.k.a. Helio p10), MT6795 (a.k.a. Helio x10), MT6797 (a.k.a. Helio x20), MT6757 (a.k.a. Helio p20).
Apart from these chipsets which I mentioned in list, many more chipsets also support VOLTE but these are mostly and commonly in use by smartphones manufacturers.
Some manufacturers use the week software while making their handsets and due to which their handsets have to face many problems such as not make their phone having VOLTE feature. But don’t worry, our methods will help you to make your phone, an HD calling phone by making it VOLTE adaptable.
Without wasting your time, we are describing you the methods through which you can activate VOLTE on your mobile phones:-
Note : Before going through any of these methods, you have to update your phone software to the latest version.
Method to get VoLTE Support for any phone
- Open the dialer app first.
- Click on settings.
- Scroll downward and search the option Use VOLTE.
- Enable the radio on your handset.
This is the easiest way to which you can enable the VOLTE on your handset from the setting menu. But there is one more method to enable VOLTE on your phone and it is a Universal method which works on all Android devices. This method does not care about the mobile manufacturer, it works for any of the Android devices.
- Open the dialer app on your phone.
- Dial *#*#4636#*#*.
- Select phone information.
- Choose VOLTE provisional flag.
- Now, restart your phone.
- Open your phone settings>more>cellular networks> enable enhanced 4G TE mode.
That’s it, now your phone supports VOLTE calls by which you can enjoy HD calls.
When you come Jio network, your phone automatically switches the option to support VOLTE calls by which you can enjoy HD calling. You don’t have to worry every time to change your phone setting to enable VOLTE calls, it is predefined automatically. The above methods are for those users whose mobile phone are not capable of changing their call settings to VOLTE mode while connecting with the Jio 4G network.
Convert LTE phones into VoLTE using JIO Join App
There is another way to use your 4G mobile as VOLTE if you are having JIO SIM using their app which provide bypass to phone and allow you to use Voice Call over LTE.
- Download and install in your android mobile.
- Open Jio Join App. You need to allow the app to access your contacts, messages etc in order to work correctly.
- Now enter your Jio number and proceed further. It will verify your mobile number. Please note that Jio SIM card is required to use this. Also, make sure that Jio SIM is inserted in your LTE SIM slot.
- Complete verification using OTP.
- After verification, it will ask your permission to change default calling and message app to Jio Join. It will be better if you give the permission as it will be very easy to initiate a VoLTE call directly from Joi Join app.
- Now you are ready to call via VoLTE with Jio network.
- The Jio Join application is user-friendly, and you can manage your contacts and messages from Jio Join. You can send or receive messages directly from your Jio Join app.
How To Enable VoLTE Support in Any Mobile
- First you need to Install SQLite App & launch this app.
- Then visit file Manager app.
- Tap on data > data > com.android providers.settings > databases.
- Open Settings.db , Global , search for Volte_feature_disabled
- Change the value from 1 to 0
- Restart your device, this is how you can enable VoLTE.
After restarting visit sim Settings option, there you will find activated unlimited HD Calls. This method is perfectly working on Mi devices but not on Moto.So I would suggest you to go with first process. That is very simple one, so once you enable Volte support you will be able to see unlimited HD voice calls. So these are the available methods on how to check enable volte support in any mobile.
Note: – The methods are for Android users and not for IOS users. Now, Jio has introduced Jio Join app for non- VOLTE users, which eliminates the need of VOLTE feature on your Android devices.